Go Back   Practical Boating Forums, marine forums, sailing forums, boat repair forums, inland waterways forums > General > General Boating Banter > Motorboating Forums

Motorboating Forums If you like the roar of an engine then this is the dedicated forum for motorboating.

Old 13-08-2008

Post Achilles Walrus

Hello to you all,

Just wondered if anyone has owned one of these boats, it's described as a Worklaunch 25'01" built in Swansea in the early 80's. The info I have is that one was custom built and called Lady Godiva and was launched at Swansea Marina around September 1984.
I believe the Achilles Brokerage no longer exists at Morfa Road, however I cannot establish if it has moved or just closed down.
My Walrus was originally registered as a fishing vessel M272 in Milford Haven and called Y Not, later being moored at Solva and eventually being transported to Cardigan by road.
If there are any Walrus or Achilles owners out there, I'd like to here from you.